Thursday, March 24, 2011

There's No Way

Dearest Terry,
Can you believe that after a few e-mails, some very long phone conversations, a wonderful first date at McDonald's with a fanny pack and an amazing first kiss that I had won your heart.... Ok so you totally swept me off my feet!!!

I had FINALLY met the man of my dreams.

As our journey began we grew together. We learned that sometimes you must go through lots of heartache, trials and tribulations before you are rewarded with the good stuff.  I really don't think that good is the right word either. Good can't even begin to describe the marriage that we have.  Our marriage is truly a gift that I will forever be grateful for.

I have met my perfect match.

My problem solver.

My motivator.

My handsome man in uniform (yes I said it)

My soft place to fall.

My family man.

I have an AMAZING father for my children.  I love to hear the kids jump up and run to you screaming "DADDY" the second you walk in the door. That will seriously never. get. old.  You and I have this awesome ability to reverse roles and I love it.  It never seems to fail that if one is getting frustrated the other is completely calm and takes over.  We are constantly keeping the kids on their toes with who is going to be "the bad guy".  Because of course in our house nobody ever yells ;).  I love the fact that you are an amazing teacher.  You are extremely patient when it comes to explaining things and sharing your knowledge.  I also enjoy (and love) the fact that you are correcting all of my grammar mistakes as you read this.

Through the struggles of daily life: potty training, 7 going on 17 attitude, calendar overload, kitchen remodel, house shifting....you get the picture.  All of those are important but totally accomplishable as long as I have you by my side.  We have made many memories these past 4 years, but there is SO much more to come.  There truly is no way I could make it without you!  Happy Anniversary and thank you for loving me!

You always know how to make me laugh!
And you still loved me even though i was big as a house.

I still love you even though you caught your arm on fire.
I love you MOST!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy for you and feel privileged to be part of the journey.

    Happy Anniversary you guys!

    ReplyDelete